Our top 10 tips for Mothers of the Bride or Groom!
We have put together the following tips to help you shine on your daughter or son’s special day:
- Start looking for your outfit as soon as possible – so for Spring/Summer 2019 weddings, that means now!
- Give yourself plenty of time to try on different styles and colours – and you may just be surprised what suits you
- To be confident you need to be comfortable, yet feel fabulous, in what you are wearing
- Don’t underestimate the importance of correctly fitting underwear…it will take off pounds
- Look at what the bride and bridal party are wearing and follow their lead as far as formality
- Accessorising with a hat or fascinator can add a little something different to your outfit and make it really stand out. Most mums like to match their hat to their dress. You must visit https://www.thehatclub.co.uk/
- Opt for a light colour pair of heels such as nude, silver or gold as the colour will create the illusion of longer legs!
- Trust your instincts and if you see a dress you like early on, go for it. To keep styles exclusive, we usually only carry one in each size and once it’s sold it can’t be reordered so if you love it, don’t leave it.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself. While it is your daughter or son’s big day, they will want you to feel comfortable and happy in whatever you wear, so as long as they approve of your choice, the sky is the limit.
- Shop in a specialist boutique – just like us! Our team are experts and we will know the best styles to flatter your
ailor your dress to fit you perfectly as we have an excellent seamstress.